SAN DIEGO — Curious about the latest models of electric vehicles (EVs) and their functionalities?
Put a hold on your calendar for the 11th annual San Diego Electric Vehicle Day sponsored by San Diego Gas & Electric. Set for Saturday, Oct. 14, at Snapdragon Stadium in Mission Valley, the free event will feature test drives for the latest models, large arrays of EV displays, delicious food and wholesome family fun.
This year's event is poised to be the biggest in regional history, boasting an impressive lineup of over 60 EVs available for both test drives and exhibition.
The event’s new venue at Snapdragon Stadium is much larger than the previous venue at Liberty Station where EV Day was held for several years. The stadium spans more than 20 acres, providing plenty of room for test drives, vehicle displays, and other family-friendly activities.
A No-Pressure Alternative
The event offers a unique opportunity for drivers to experience a diverse range of EVs in a relaxed setting – checking out the look and feel of different models and talking with other drivers.
San Diego EV Day is a remarkable platform to explore cutting-edge vehicle technologies learn about the many environmental and financial advantages of transitioning to zero-emission vehicles. Event attendees can also learn about various EV pricing plans offered by SDG&E, which incentivize customers to charge during certain hours of the day to save money.
- Enjoy entertainment and activities for all ages, including carnival games and interactive STEAM exhibits.
- Visit with local vendors specializing in environment-friendly products.
- Listen to fun, upbeat music and visit with radio personality Geena the Latina, courtesy of Channel 93.3
- Grab a snack on-site from local food trucks and vendors.
- Win prizes and take-home fun giveaways
- Talk with community partners and non-profits who can provide helpful health and financial resources and services.
- In partnership with the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) participate in an adaptive workout and adapted yoga led by EoS Fitness
- Cheer on local athletes and Paralympians during wheelchair basketball and sitting volleyball on the CAF/Toyota Sport Court
- Meet with Para Gold Medalist Liv Stone
- When: 10a.m. - 3p.m., Saturday, Oct. 14
- Location: Snapdragon Stadium, 2101 Stadium Way, San Diego, CA. 92108.
- Cost: Free
SDG&E is Leading the Charge in the Transition to Electric
SDG&E is proud to spearhead this annual event for the past decade. As a leader in the transportation movement, SDG&E has built over 3,600 EV chargers in the region to date. The company is committed to making sure everyone in the community has easy access to educational resources and pertinent information regarding EVs.
Transportation electrification is a key strategy for the region and California to meet climate goals. Today, about 40 percent of California’s greenhouse emissions polluting our environment are attributed to gas and diesel-powered vehicles. The paradigm shift towards electric vehicles will also help improve air quality. Today, the San Diego region is home to over 110K EVs.